STEPS ON STARTINGA LOCAL CHAPTER
Local VAREP professional chapters allows us to empower real estate and lending professionals to better serve the housing needs of military and veteran families.
- Explore and READ the entire website to understand the VAREP organization.
- Read the “CHAPTER LAUNCH MANUAL” Red Button at the top of this page.
- Become a VAREP member by creating an account and paying the $99.00 membership fee. Explore the Member’s Area to see what it has to offer.
- Fill out the online “OFFICER SELECTION FORM” Red Button at the top of this page.
- Organize a “VAREP Leadership Orientation Meeting”. Round enough real estate professionals in your area that are interested in hearing about who we are and decide if they want to be involved at the Board level. A successful orientation meeting should have approximately 20 real estate professionals. The presentation should be made by the State Director or one of the National Board Member. VAREP National will support you by creating the marketing to distribute.
- Follow up on Interested Volunteers for Board Positions to apply for Board Positions. You should follow up with all the people that attended this meeting to measure interest level and to encourage those who are interested to fill out the VAREP “Officer Selection Form” to apply for one of the eight local board positions.
- Fill out all Documents to create a Local Chapter Board. Petition to form a Local VAREP Chapter, Chapter Affiliation Agreement, and Leadership Oaths. Submit all paperwork to VAREP National.
- Write a Strategic Business Plan. The business plan includes a market analysis, marketing plan and budget to be submitted to the State Director within two weeks after constituting meeting. The final chapter business plan should be completed no later than four weeks after the submission of all paperwork to VAREP National.
Assembling a Founding Chapter Board.
- Each chapter is led by a board of eight volunteers.
- Five of the eight board members must be veterans within the real estate, lending, and housing industries.
- The Founding Chapter President MUST be a veteran.
- Service Term: The founding Board service term is 3 years. Each board thereafter is 2 years.
- Chapter Positions are: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership, Outreach, Govt. Affairs, and Education.