The purpose of the National Education Committee (NEC) is to assist with empowering and preparing all communities for sustainable homeownership through the advancement of knowledge and financial literacy.
2021 is going to be a busy year for the NEC and we are excited and ready for implementing educational programs and tools. To help get these programs out to the public, and education into the hands of Veteran’s, all local chapters of VAREP have been assigned to a NEC member for one point of contact. We are also finishing new marketing material to assist with education.
Here are a few examples of what you will see this year.
- MVHC: An updated version of the Military & Veteran’s Housing Certification has been designed for a comprehensive understanding of the Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Home Loan Guarantee program. This industry course will be effective in helping serve the housing needs of our Veteran’s.
- Financial Zoom Courses:
- Qualifying for a Loan Modification after Forbearance
- Rental Assistance and Repayment Programs to Avoid Eviction
- How to use your VA Loan to Buy a Home
- Credit Repair
- H.E.L.P.: The Homeownership Education and Literacy Program is a National program created for serving Active Duty, Veterans, and their families to bridge the gap of equitable wealth through Homeownership and Financial Literacy Education. This is a HUD certified class featuring Freddie Mac’s Credit Smart modules taught by NeighborWorks America certified instructors.
- Fair Housing Course: Designed for a comprehensive understanding of the Fair Housing Act.
- SCRA: Servicemembers Civil Relief Act that will help our members, communities and industry partners understand the protections our Veteran’s deserve.
- PCS: Permanent Change of Station, Know your Orders. Learn and understand the PCS cycle and help service members and their families make the move and adventure as smooth as possible.
- New and improved Lunch and Learns.
The Committee has been busy with online training, certifications and preparing a new generation of instructors at the chapter level and we look forward to helping Veteran’s become successful home owners!